Additional information on the software tools can be found on their respective webistes, including details on the specific open-source license for each toolkit.
The goals for the project include the following:
- Establish a foundation for future, reproducible research.
- Create a repository of fundamental algorithms.
- Develop a platform for advanced product development.
- Support commercial application of the technology.
- Create conventions for future work.
- Support education in scientific image analysis.
- Grow a self-sustaining community of software users and developers.